Martha Vasquez

These are the writings of Martha Vasques, a student in Mr. Tufft's Spring 2007 English 90 course.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

One years ago, I had a reading class in the afternoon at my high school of Dos Palos. In the class students read aloud a paragraph everyday,and the teacher required a special student to read each day. student had to read correctly all way through or she would correct the reading in front of the whole class. If the student mispronounced any word she would make him or her read the passage again. Everyday, I watched as other students read, fearing that I would be the next victim of the teacher cruel torture. I sweated, and my heat beat wildly, and I sunk lower in my chair hoping the teacher would forget about me, and sometimes she did. But, one day, she didn't. It was my turn to read in front of the entire class, and all eyes were watching me. Students who had been tortured by this reading procedure before now either watched me in amusement or shared terror. Naturally, I always have an error when I read in class, and this time was no exception. I was reading a paragraph I had say Sari and the word was Bari i very embarrassing for me. She made me to say the word over a gone and read the paragraph gone again. That was the last time she made me feel very embarrassed in the class. I all read the paragraph before she had me read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home